Friday, May 15, 2015

What's It Like To Prepare To Go To India

What’s going on for me as I prepare to go…..?

What it’s like to get ready to go to India for three weeks- for my first time!

Just found out I can only check 32 pounds on the airline within India. So I am sorting out and choosing carefully what gifts not to take, and which clothes I can’t re-wear 10 times.  It’s a challenge for me who likes to have lots of stuff with me.  Not this time.

I am controlling my emotions:  Exuberance, fear, anticipation, expectations, and feelings of gratitude. I pray a lot more lately, realizing that I need God to be in control, and not figure things out on my own.

My travelling partner has had a set back with a bone growing back the wrong way (from her motorcycle accident when she put up her arms to protect her face) so she has had pain and we keep her in prayer. Also she hasn’t had time to raise money so I will share what little I have to help cover her costs. This means I won’t have much for Micro Finance, but God knows who needs what and I have two more weeks before I leave. We’ll see what more comes in.

I am finishing my house prep for being gone with a house sitter (girlfriend Jen came to my rescue) and the pets going to two different houses to be loved on while I am gone. This is so important to me to know my babies are safe and happy. Many thanks to Terri and John for taking my pets.

I listened to a three hour webinar yesterday on how to create interesting oral presentations (sermons). It was very helpful and I am excited to do the necessary prep work to plan to speak to large groups of HIV+ persons and widows. 

Lastly I want to keep the blog email list up to date. So if you aren’t able to access the blog through Kathiwinter.com - please do let me know.  I have to learn yet how to upload photos but Paul, the man who designed the website, gave me a pictorial to teach me how.  I hate being technologically challenged.

I am excited that friends Jerry and Brenda will be loaning me a video camera so hope to come home with good photos to share with you all.

I   promised not to make these blogs too long- so let me know what you want to hear about. I need your prayers for peace and comfort in the Lord. Thank you for being in my life.


Love Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment