Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A few last minute thoughts….

1.   Some of you have gone to my new website www.kathiwinter.com and to the blog. I have posted some articles/HIV educational material.  Soon I will be able to comment on my travels.  My brother was kind enough to suggest some instructions:
a.       If you want to send me a comment you have to have a google account
b.      Go to the bottom of the blog and click on “no comment.”  That brings up a window to post a comment but you have to select a profile which offers a drop down of google account, etc.
c.       I would LOVE to hear from some of you just to know I am not forgotten ( there is a good Christian song that says “ I am not forgotten)
d.      I found out the reason it’s good to have a google account to sign in is to avoid spam- google prevents all junk spam.  So thank to web designer Paul, this is good thing.

2.   Yes there has been a heat wave in India and many people are suffering. I am asking you to join me in prayer for those who have little water and no covering to have the Lord intercede to assist them. For me I will be with Sandy in the North near New Delhi for the first 5 days. But by June 8 I pray the heat wave will have passed. We know in the South it will be hot and sticky. Please pray for me.

3.   Finances:  I am covering Sandy’s travel costs as she hasn’t been able to do much fund raising- but her arm while stiff at times and swollen, seems to be good enough that it’s all systems go.
Lastly I couldn’t go on this trip if it weren’t for my friends and my Church.  I have such great support from people like Jen l who is watching my house, Terri W who is lovingly taking my cats into her home, Arlene who provides excellent computer support, John who takes my Esther dog whenever I am gone, and on and on.  I thank you one and all for loving me, and caring about the hurting peoples of this world.
I promise to do my best to stay healthy, not complain (I signed an agreement with God), and to enjoy this great opportunity to grow and stretch myself.  I won’t deny it- I have some concerns.  But I know I am going for a purpose, and serving in God’s army is the best thing I could ever do.

Be blessed and see you soon (home June 20). Love you very much. God bless you all Kathi


No comments:

Post a Comment